Thursday, March 3, 2011

electrophysiology, electrophysismology!

Lordy lordy. I'm learning ephys, which is supposed to be hard, and it IS! But what's troublesome is that I'm not even to whole-celling yet. I'm just recording gross electrical activity, field potentials, and even that I am managing to f*** up. Also, my thoughtful and elegant rationale and experimental design are... failing to produce the predicted results. Every time I lament out loud, some smarter-than-me person responds "welcome to science!". Well thanks, guys, but I've actually been here for a minute and it sure does seem to me that the people who get to STAY in science sometimes run experiments that work out. At the rate I'm moving I'll be lucky if I finish lab rotations before I'm 31!

But really, this whining is out of character (for my internet self, at least). I'm not actually all that dejected just yet. Mostly I'm just hungry :) Which is good news, as KM is at home cooking up a feast of broiled salmon with herb mustard glaze and brussell sprouts!

Ok. Thanks for letting me share ("thanks for sharing!")

No comments:

Post a Comment